This temple was built in the 16th century. It played an important role in the revolution of 1822, when it was destroyed by the Turks. The monk Athanasios restored it in 1880-90. The last monk died in 1983. The residents of Psara bring the icon of the Kimisis to the town every year on August 1st and conduct prayers in the home.
The icon is returned to the monastery, after vesper services for the feast day of the Saviour (Tou Sotiros) on August 5th.